- See rescued chimpanzees in a rehabilitation center
- Take a game drive through a rhino conservancy
- Visit a traditional-style village
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Nairobi
Ol Pejeta Conservancy & Chimpanzee Sanctuary Full Day Tour;- Visit the Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary and the largest black rhino conservancy in East Africa on a full-day tour from Nairobi that includes hotel pickup and drop-off, entrance fees, and an afternoon game drive through the Old Pejeta Conservancy. Learn about chimpanzee rescue and rehabilitation, spot Big Five game, then visit a replica of a traditional Kenyan homestead to learn about local culture.
Price: US$345 per person
What to Expect
Get an early start on the day with 6am pickup from your centrally-located Nairobi hotel, then begin the 3.5-hour drive to the Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary, passing through a scenic landscape of coffee and tea estates.
Make the first stop at the Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary, a refuge for chimpanzees from around West and Central Africa. Learn about some of the 38 chimpanzees that live in the sanctuary’s natural enclosures, and see the primates as they approach a feeding platform.
Continue into the Ol Pejeta Conservancy for a game drive across the open plains, which are home to a remarkable population of rare animals including wild dogs, zebras, cheetahs, and hartebeest, as well as the “Big Five”: lion, Cape buffalo, African elephant, leopard, and rhinoceros. Visit one of the lodges within the game sanctuary for lunch (own expense).
After your meal, visit a rhino homestead and a manyatta, a reproduction of a traditional Kenyan homestead, where you can learn about Maasai, Polot, Turkana, and Samburu cultures. Meet village residents, see traditional-style homes and dances, and shop for unique souvenirs. In mid-afternoon, begin the return trip to Nairobi, where this tour concludes with drop-off at your accommodations at roughly 6:30pm.
Please note: A passport is required on the day of travel.
- Departure Point: Your centrally located Nairobi accommodation
- Departure Time: 6:00am
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:30pm
- All park entry fees, service charges, and taxes
- Professional English-speaking guides
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Optional activities
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel