Explore the traditional lifestyle of Kenyan tribes at Bomas of Kenya, a tourist village located around 10 kilometres from the capital city of Nairobi. A half day tour of the village is enough to learn and understand the cultural heritage of Kenya. You will enjoy traditional dance performances, songs and folklore during your visit here. A jaw-dropping acrobatic show is a much loved attraction at Bomas of Kenya
Price: US$69 per person
What to Expect
Your tour starts by pick you from your Nairobi Hotel or accommodation at 1pm.
Here you will experience the rich culture of Kenya’s 42 different ethnic groups as they live on their day-to-day basis. This is clearly demonstrated through traditional dances, music, song, and folklore. There is a splendid arena where acrobatic shows are performed.
The Bomas of Kenya put on displays of traditional dancers and spread over many acres, it also has a wonderful display of mud huts and traditional Kenyan homesteads. The Bomas of Kenya is the ideal place to bring energetic children as they can freely run in and out of the traditional houses & mud huts, climb up ladders and generally have a wonderfully active time.
These traditional houses are set out in clusters according to the region. The homes are grouped with the first wife’s hut, second wife’s hut, granary etc and you can see where the livestock are kept and the enormous variety between the huts.
Bomas of Kenya was initiated in 1971 after Kenya’s independence (1964) and it is run by the Kenyan Government and aims to promote Kenya’s rich cultural heritage.
In addition to the main attractions (the dancers and the traditional homesteads), there is also a large, wooden play area for young children, a small, low-key village of craft shops and other attractions.
Departure Point: Your Nairobi Hotel /Accommodation
Departure Time: 1pm
Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Visit to Bomas of Kenya
- Professional English speaking guides
- All entry fees, service charge and taxes
- Pickup from your hotel in Nairobi and drop-off to your hotel
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund